Tuesday 21 May 2013

Five reasons you need to remove your brain (B)



Five reasons you need to remove your brain (A)

2) NUTS of Doubts
Our doubts are traitors and makes us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt ...Williams Shakespare. You want to try, I know too well but you cant seem to get the voice in your head silent. What if I fail? What if I don't do it well? What if I loose it all? I will say, the little doubt spoils the abundant vine in you. Doubt is very limiting. Don't condescend to the natural man that says, a little doubt won't harm. If I were you, I will ask for a screw driver and unbolt.

3) NUTS of Fear
Fear comes in different forms, colours and shades. You remember the coat of many colours. Are you familiar with any of these: afraid of being rejected, feeling uncertainty;  fearing you might fail, scared of criticism. That's fear in coat of many colours.
I used to pat myself in the back, utterly living in the self deception that a little fear is good. I tell myself that fear has been woven with my inner being but come to think of it. We weren't born with it. We learnt it. Thanks to Zebra crossing but you remember, early in the days when your mum would shout, 'look before you cross the road'. Fear rings through your head that a car might hit you while you made the crossing. You pick your heels and walk faster, if not run. We often live our lives subconsciously submerged in fear, not taking steps because we are afraid, if we do, we will fail. Many of us stopped crossing the road, at least so that we don't get hit in the first place. Fear has crippled us so bad that we get a churning in the stomach to get across a room. Our heart beat so fast at every bus stop of life.The answer to the heart of fear, 'Take courage!'

4) NUTS of Impossibilities:
Are you familiar with any of these? Stop that! Get out of here! Will you put it down! It triggers a sense of inadequacy, insecurity and inefficiency. It says you can't.
Don't remind me of inadequacy, because I used to be a mother of it. I am not exempted from this struggle. I fight it daily. I thought I was the only one until i met a number; entrepreneurs,  parents, mothers and the likes. It's not far fetched to hear the word, 'I cant!' It's a visitor, an alien that have found residence in us. I can't says,'impossibilities'. It reminds us of an inadequacy. It forces us to be like others. It kills creativity and punctures innovation. It prevents us from inventing the new; we rather stick to the old. We don't want to take up new challenges. it's too daunting a task.
Recently, I found myself leaving a two-lane road to a eight-lane motor way. I panicked. I nearly got choked by the sudden change of capacity. Everything sounded too big, unreachable and impossible. I realized that I had locked myself too long in my limited space that i didn't know or could see the larger world. I remember shouting, 'OMG! I can't do this.
My best advice: Like they say, 'tear off impossibilities from your vocabulary library. Don't sell yourself short. Genius are not born, they are made.

5) NUTS of Self-

Me! Myself! I! You remember these self limiting words. We all do and say it, I suppose. it is summarized in one word, "selfishness". It reduces one. To outlive it, you've got come out of it. Be part of something larger. Don't struggle by yourself when you can join others to form a formidable force. You can't afford to be the CEO/MD/HR Manager and Marketing Manager of your self-imposed company. Your vision is not for yourself, not limited to the members of your family. It's beyond you, so live it.

So save us all the headaches by leading the surgery.
Crack! Crack!! Crack!!! 
Remove the NUTS!!!

Oluwamitomisin

No comments:

Post a Comment